Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

English Short Film - "Kasunduan"

In English, we spend four weeks doing our short film. This film project is base on the court scene in "Merchant To Venice. In that part, they're arguing about the deal that Sherlock and Antonio made, and in this scene, Sherlock wants to take Antonio's flesh base on the contract. Our film is has a lot of similarities in that part of the movie. After we filmed the scene of our short film and edited it, we saw that it's six minutes long. We added the subtitles since we did our short film using the Tagalog language.


The film that we did is about the two sisters who made a contract. The contract that they made is very powerful. Once you sighed it and you put your blood you need to do all the things that are given to you. However, in our film, my character is the sister who signed the contract, and my sister which is Skyler asked me to kill my husband and my children. I didn't agree to this so we talked to our father about it, but when he saw my blood on it he said that I need to choose who's gonna die, me or my family. But since I know my sister's plan I killed her instead, our father gave me 24 hours to leave and take my family away from them because our relatives will surely kill me because of what I did. This is the reason why we called our film "Kasunduan" because kasunduan means contract/deal in our language. 


The film that we made is retelling the court scene in Merchant To Venice. Where Sherlock wants to take Antonio's flesh base on their deal. As I said, our film is about a contract between the two sisters. Both of them are made by the contract and seek revenge. We used the "eye level" and "above shoulder" camera shots since we have a lot of lines that most of the part of our film is our conversation with each other so it's great to use this kind of camera angle.


During our filming, it's really hard for us to express the emotion that we needed to express to make our film more realistic. For the script, it's really hard to think of what are you gonna say since we didn't make any script for us to memorize. But after we take some shots we started to get the hang of it. Next time, I think I should improve my acting since I was not satisfied with my act. I think I need to add more emotions. But I love the way our film turns out. 


Kasunduan

No comments:

Post a Comment