Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2021

My Favorite Cultural Event

Today is ESOL, we wrote an essay talking about our favorite cultural event. Also we need to include in out essay the things that we are doing to celebrate this particular event in our culture. Our essay needs to have 250-300 words on it. We also need to put our essay in our blog. The event the I picked is the Festival Of Black Nazarene, I decided to choose this because it's one of the most important event for my family.

This is my essay:

As a Filipino we have a lot of different cultural events. We are celebrating them in many different ways, some of them don't really need to do a celebration. The event that is really important for my family is the Festival of Black Nazareno. This is important in our country especially those who are Catholic. This is also one of the famous and popular festivals that is happening in the Philippines every year. Black Nazareno is a life size imagine, kneeling Jesus while carrying the cross. A lot of people, even my family, believed that this statue could heal any sickness after you touched it. The festival for this is happening every January 9 every year, a lot of people will help each other to carry it and do a little parade. Since this festival is really important for a lot of people, a lot of people will try their best to touch the Nazareno for a blessing.

Some people have a piece of cloth to wipe it on the Nazareno figure, this is really important that most of the news and channels are talking and showing about the Festival of Black Nazareno. When I was in the Philippines, me and my family used to go and contribute to those festivals of the Black Nazareno. After we moved here in New Zealand, we can only see it through live and news from the Philippines. It is not really complicated like the other church events so my family doesn't really need to do such a particular thing to celebrate it. But we used to watch a mass that was happening before they started the parade. We are celebrating a lot of different cultural events but I can say that this one is my favorite because it’s about church and I know that this is really important not just in my culture but also in my religion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment