Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Coraline Film - Theme and Ideas

 This week in our English we have been learning about themes and ideas of a movie. We also talked about the different themes and ideas that we've seen in the Coraline film. After that, we need to do our task for this week so we can move up our licenses. We can decided the task that we want to do, it's either a mind map or a theme guide booklet. I decided to do the mind map using Coggle because it's easier for me to do. The characters that I've use to my work is the cat, other mother and Wybie. I will leave a link if you can't read it from here. Link. I also put the images of my characters into the blog because I can't put it with the mind map. 

What am I learning?

On this task I have been learning about the theme that I've seen while watching the Film. Also the things that showing or related to my theme. Most of my ideas are the characters on the film since my theme is about how looks can be deceiving.

How does this result show my learning?

My is showing that I know what the definition of theme and ideas and being able to tell who are the characters on the movie are showing the theme that I picked. 

What am I wondering?

While doing this task I am wondering why themes are important to a movie and if there is a movie or film that don't need to use a theme or ideas. 


The Cat
 
Wybie

Mr. Bobinsky

The other mother

1 comment:

  1. Well done Shiela! You have used clear examples of the characters demonstrating the theme throughout the film. I like that you have even used an extra character we did not talk about in class. You have picked a good image for the other mother, are there images for the other characters too?

    ReplyDelete