Pages

Monday, March 16, 2020

Chromatography Experiment

Aim: To separate the different pigments using from the ink.
Hypothesis: I think when the water reach the ink it will starting to go up and the ink will start to fade.
Method :

  1. Put 50 Ml of water on the beaker and make sure that its exactly 50 ml.
  2. Put a dot on the bottom of the filter paper. Put it in center.
  3. After you put the dot put the filter paper into the water but make sure only the edge of it is on the water.
  4. Fold the top of the filter paper to avoid the chances that the filter paper will fall into the water.
  5. Leave it for a couple of minutes and start to observe the process.
Result:
The first time that we try I used the color pink but when we needed to take it out into the water I notice that nothing change from it. The color didn't change at all instead the color just go up and started to fade.
For the second one the teacher said that we need to use color black instead of any other colors, this experiment is more better that the first one because I can see different colors. 
  

Discussion: I think the second experiment is more better than the first one because we can see more different colors than the first one. The first one we can just see one color and the same color but the second one shows a lot of different colors. I think that it because we use a dark color and for the first one we use a brights color. I really enjoy this experiment and I love to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment